If you're like me you spend most of the day trying to think "What's for dinner?". Sometimes I want to try something new or even just remember a good family favorite. I created this blog as a quick and easy way to help jog my memory and to share our family favorites across the web. My sister-in-law Marie and I post some of our most successful recipes with pictures. Bon Appetite!

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Banana Oatmeal Muffins


I'm always looking for ways to use up over ripe bananas besides doing a banana bread. This is a quick and easy way and the whole family loves these moist breakfast muffins. This recipe comes from cooks.com.

1/2 c uncooked oatmeal
1/2 c milk
1/4 c butter, melted
1 egg
1 c mashed banana (about 2 bananas)
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 c flour
1/2 tsp salt

Line a muffin pan with 12 liners or spray well with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a medium bowl combine oats and milk; set aside until milk is absorbed.
In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients and stir. Add butter, egg, and bananas to the oat mixture. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stir until well moistened. 
Spoon mixture into muffin pan, filling each cup 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. 

No comments: