If you're like me you spend most of the day trying to think "What's for dinner?". Sometimes I want to try something new or even just remember a good family favorite. I created this blog as a quick and easy way to help jog my memory and to share our family favorites across the web. My sister-in-law Marie and I post some of our most successful recipes with pictures. Bon Appetite!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Oh Henry Bars



1 cup Sugar
1 cup Karo Syrup
1 cup Peanut Butter
5 cups Corn Flakes or Total (or use 3 cups of Rice Krispies instead)
1 cup butterscotch chips*
1 cup chocolate chips

Bring Sugar and Karo Syrup to a boil. Remove from heat and add peanut butter. Stir in the cereal and pour mixture into a greased 9X13 pan. In a microwave safe bowl combine chips and melt in microwave. For best results microwave 30 seconds at a time stir in between until all melted. Pour melted mixture over cereal mixture and cool before cutting.

*Optional: you could omit the butterscotch and do an entire bag of chocolate chips instead.

No comments: